Sunday, July 13, 2014

Recordings Found

In March I wrote about recordings that are most likely lost for good.  I know they existed at one time, but it's unlikely I'll ever hear them again.

Happily, I have been able to recover some other old recordings of mine that were on reel-to-reel tape. Thanks to the kindness and hard work of Keith Smith and Rob Bartlett, I have recovered a number of recordings that go back as far as 1975.  Through their combined magic, the music can be heard again.
I will be gradually releasing tracks as I work through them.  The first collection is ready today!

I was 18 years old when I recorded four songs for piano and flute at Sound West Recording Studio in Calgary.  I recorded each piano track first, then improvised flute tracks over three of them.  These pieces are being released on an EP this week on iTunes, Amazon & Google Play.  Just search for Geoffrey Bell.  The EP is called Geoffrey Bell Archive: Piano & Flute.

I have also put together a slideshow on YouTube using one of the tracks.  Happy listening!

http://youtu.be/rVdjm6mUWa4

No comments:

Post a Comment