Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Electronic Rock - 1978

Amongst the reels of tape that were digitally restored, we recovered three pieces of electronic rock.  I wrote and recorded all three in the Electronic Music Lab at the University of Calgary.  Each instrumental part was recorded one track at a time, built layer upon layer until I ran out of tracks. 

"What?" is a solo instrumental piece of electronic rock.  The studio Moog was monophonic, meaning it could only play one note at a time.  It took forever, but I had fun!

"You and I" features Pat Tufts doing vocals with me.  "Look Around" is my call for positive action in the world.

If you enjoyed electronic rock in the late seventies, you might enjoy a blast from the past with these!

This link might take you there:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/geoffrey-bell-archive-electronic/id908855481?uo=4

Otherwise, search iTunes for Geoffrey Bell, then click "Geoffrey Bell Archive: Electronic Songs - 1978".

Happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment